More rugs or blanket/quilt fixtures

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

sylaes_green

More rugs or blanket/quilt fixtures

Post by sylaes_green » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:13 am

Hello,

I really like the bear skin rugs. But I'm disappointed that it's the only rug. Some predesigned quarters have rugs, so clearly we live in an age where we are capable of producing them.

I would like to see a few more decorative rug options. Nothing spectacular. Maybe just three or four basic colors/designs.

In addition or substitution, a placeable blanket or quilt fixture would be great for RP. Beach towels, picnics, the fancier ones could be rugs in homes.

Anyways, thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy the idea as much as I do. Be well!

Sylaes_green

Current: Xalden Grantz (AR177-current), a few unimportant side characters

Shelved: Petra Cystafein (AR 175-176), Phyrra Ssambra (AR178)

Dead and gone: Shandor Reyne

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: More rugs or blanket/quilt fixtures

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:05 pm

There acutally used to be a lot more rug options, and I for one do miss them. However they interfered with pathing, and so were almost entirely removed.

That said I know the player base (including me!) does miss them. So I'l revisit this with 'gron and maybe see if we can come up with some other ideas? But don't keep your hopes up for this.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: More rugs or blanket/quilt fixtures

Post by Irongron » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:32 pm

They are too problematic, and can easily upend careful area design. Rejected.