Rename Staff Sequencer Slot

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

L I C E

Rename Staff Sequencer Slot

Post by L I C E » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi, small clarity suggestion.

At the moment, the "sequencers" on some of the crafted class specific staffs are called sequencers. And then on top of that, we have sequencers as well, which are used to buff summons. This confused me a lot, and I thought my staff was able to act as an arcane sequencer to store spells for buffing summons, for example. Instead, it just stores a spell I can use once every 10 minutes.

I'm suggesting re-naming the sequencer on staffs to something else to avoid this confusion, even if to something foolproof like "Stored Spell" or something just to differentiate between staff sequencers and arcane sequencers, both of which are referred to as sequencers yet serve entirely different purposes. This was rather confusing for me as there's not a whole lot of information available about these types of things unless you really go digging, and in my case I just assumed they were the same thing given they were named the exact same thing.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Rename Staff Sequencer Slot

Post by Sincra » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 am

Denied.
Staff Sequencers are true Sequencers in that they actually employ the games Sequencer system, modified by myself.
Worth noting that it is able to hold more spells, I have however barred this in the code so any items added with multiple would not permit it as this is a balance concern.

Runic sequencers are one I built at the request of Irongron.

They are distinct by the fact one is prefixed by Runic.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.