Greyport Merchant Stalls

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Reikenbach

Greyport Merchant Stalls

Post by Reikenbach » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:11 am

A character of mine recently became leader of Greyport and I've spent the last few days trying to understand the logic behind some of the design decisions.

To explain, the district has eight merchant stalls - nine, if you count the Crypt Spider's Lair. Four are located on the street and four are located indoors, with the questionable ninth being up by the gondola. I've been trying to organize the merchants and also perform some auditing of the stalls, both for the purpose of a sales contest and also to make sure all the shops are actually being utilized by their owners.

Unfortunately, the four (five?) indoor shops have their management object locked behind a vault door, meaning I need to get a key from the owner in order to perform any auditing of the stalls. This has the unfortunate side-effect of giving me access to their personal space and storage chest, and while I don't intend to abuse their trust, it's certainly not an appealing scenario for the owner to hand out keys to their quarters.

In short: I'd like to request the indoor shops of Greyport have their store management objects moved into the "public" section of the interiors, so that the district leaders can actually access them.

EDIT: Apparently I took the comments of the Red Tower's owner on this matter in the completely wrong direction. I've also learned since making this thread that having the shops tied to the guildhouse is how most guildhouses work - the guildhouse that I own (Andunor Silver Mines) appears to be one of the few exceptions, and my understanding was based on that. As such, I've excised all portions of this post that concern the Red Tower.

Last edited by Reikenbach on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xerah

Re: Greyport Merchant Stalls

Post by Xerah » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:07 pm

WitchyEvil wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:55 pm

Since I can not reply to the Suggestion, despite being mentioned in it: I am only posting here as I can not make comment directly on the matter

I was not consulted before making that post. Please DO NOT speak for me nor presume to know my views on a given matter. Given that I am the current owner of the Property and I was mentioned, I do not appreciate the presumption that I support that suggestion.

I do not.

That said, I have objections to changing the Red Tower merchant stalls, and notably that the mechanics involved with such go well beyond the taxes.

Also, don't change one of the few -rare- Guildhouses in the UD over.. wanting to view sales logs.

UD doesn't have enough options for this as it is.

The Red Tower is a Noble Property Guildhouse.
It has 6 rooms and 4 shops.

This allows the Guildhouse Owner to provide housing and shops to their organization or to use such to make new allies and companions and provide opportunities to their group and others who may want to deal with them for such. If used right these options create RP opportunities and experiences for others that they might elsewise lack.

The Taxes being wacky aren't the only thing that is strangely set up with the property, and ALL of that would have to be changed for the shops to be removed from the Guildhouse, in order to be fair to ANY property Owner. I'd be happy to explain the issues connected with it in private messages so that a Dev would have full understanding of what is connected with it if they do consider such.

Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice