Spellsword Path: Twinblade

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

SasukeSouza

Spellsword Path: Twinblade

Post by SasukeSouza » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:19 pm

Dex based, Two-Weapon Fighting Spellswords do not feel supported by the class systems. With multi-classing being heavily discouraged as a Spellsword, I suggest the addition of a new, non-race locked Path available to anyone who wants to play out the fantasy.

Secondarily, I find that adding a pair of new imbues can empower the fantasy associated with the Path.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twinblade Path

-Prerequisites:
Spellsword 12+
Monkey Grip Feat (STR +13)
Weapon Focus: One-handed Edge
Base (Hard) Dexterity: +13

-Spellswords who have followed this path have learned to appreciate the value of duality. A Twinblade is especially adept at fighting with two weapons and appreciates the mystical aspects of life more.

-Passive Bonuses: Gain +1 Defensive Dual-Wield (shield AC) per 3 Dexterity Modifier, up to +3.

-Active Bonuses:
Gain two new imbue types; Divine & Entropy.

Base (Hard) INT 14: 2 elemental damage
Base (Hard) INT 15: 2d2 elemental damage
Base (Hard) INT 16: 2d4 elemental damage
Base (Hard) INT 17: 2d6 elemental damage
Base (Hard) INT 18+: 2d8 elemental damage

Greater Armor Imbue Effects:
Divine: +2 Passive health regen
Entropy: Gain 2% Physical Penetration

Greater Elemental Strike Effects:
Divine: Heal allies and self for above damage.
Entropy: Lowers physical resistances by 3% for 2 rounds

Elemental Maelstrom Effects
Divine: Restoration for all nearby allies and self.
Entropy: Lowers physical resistances by 10% for 2 rounds. Extra 5% on crit hits.

-Bonus feats:
Spellsword Level 14: Dual-Wield
Spellsword Level 21: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Spellsword Level 28: Epic Weapon Focus: One-handed Edge

-Limitations: Elemental Strike cooldown increased from 7 seconds to 12 seconds. Lose access to all Armor & Shield proficiencies, and all EDR feats.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Spellsword Path: Twinblade

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I have multiple ideas for new spellsword path additions and will take your suggestion into consideration during the design process. Will move this one to rejected as it is already sort of a work in progress, albeit one that is progressing rather slowly due to my limited dev time.