Hin Messengers are dangerous:

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Hin Messengers are dangerous:

Post by dominantdrowess » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 am

I feel like the way the messenger service is setup ... is nonsensical. I also feel like the surface AND Andunor communities benefit from communication between them being harder or at least less convenient.

Is there an EASY way non-neutral messengers (Neutral being: pirates, illusionists, wisp bottles, parrots, and other magical effects) could be setup in such a way that ... Hin messengers won't deliver to Outlaws, Drow and Monsters, and Goblin Messengers won't arrive to send goofy messages to Paladins in the middle of Cordor EXCEPT with regards to disguised identities being reachable by anyone?

Just a thought this little event brought to mind. It kind of reminded me of Critical Role Season 2 and Jester's 'Sending' spells being exceedingly and unreasonably dangerous in some circumstances. xD

Doing this would also, passively, make ESF: Illusion a bit more convenient and necessary too.

Would you go to the city of slavers, raiders, murderers, blood-thirsty clergy and necromancers for a measly 50 gold?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Hin Messengers are dangerous:

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:32 pm

I believe communication of all sorts is really useful, and also this could be used to 'out' outcasts or tell if someone was a drow or such on the server. Rejected.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)