Convert All Epic Sacrifice Rolls to 10%

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

perseid

Convert All Epic Sacrifice Rolls to 10%

Post by perseid » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Before the timegate on rolling for awards I think to a certain extent it made sense to have the gp/value boost to Epic Sacrifice rolls in place. That said, in the present with the timegate, I don't think the boost is necessary or useful anymore. Lots of players never reach a million gold and a good number never even reach half a million gold. If the point of the Epic Sacrifice is to help encourage character turnover to keep the server vibrant then I think it would make much more sense at this stage to simply eliminate the boost altogether and make all Epic Sacrifice rolls 10% with no possible modifiers. The times when chronic award farmers could churn out numerous characters in a month are behind us now and I think this change would help to enable a wider variety of players, many of whom might be excellent roleplayers who simply aren't interested in grinding, to create the kinds of esoteric concepts that historically have been rewarded predominantly to players who focused on activities with little relation to creating immersive roleplay experiences.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Convert All Epic Sacrifice Rolls to 10%

Post by MalKalz » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:32 pm

Rejected.

I understand the essence and I agree that a lot of issues were solved; however, with the proposed award changes this would just be additional work into something that is eventually going to change in time. I do believe that the new system that is being developed will help more.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.