THE APOCALYPSE!

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Waldo52

THE APOCALYPSE!

Post by Waldo52 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:22 am

Arelith has been going on for about twenty years. Certain characters and factions have become deeply entrenched. I think everyone should die. I think it should all burn and start from scratch.

The suggestion:

-With months of warning, all characters will be deleted.

-Before this happens, there are crazy weather effects or permanent scenic changes

-All rewards are maintained and rewards are auto rolled for deleted characters.

-Restrictions on making previous characters with the same name are lifted because this is a reboot.

-Names of towns and prominent NPCs are changed here and there.

Honestly this is a crazy idea and I don't believe it will be received well (or at all). But I see some real positive sides to a world reboot. The server will feel new again. It's unlikely that a group of pirates with a dedicated ship and perfect PvP gear will reform with the same names and the same boat. Elite radiant heart gank squads reforming with the same players/character names will be unlikely. The familiar faces of permanent Skal characters will be gone, unless they reroll the same dudes. Everything will feel new and changed. Power hierarchies will be jiggled. Deleted characters that were gone forever could get a new lease on life within a new canon. A bustling city could be replaced with a swamp. A city that fell to a player raid could be restored as though nothing ever happened.

Again, I admit that the idea is ridiculous. But it could breathe new life into the server.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: THE APOCALYPSE!

Post by Kuma » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:28 am

hell yea

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:31 am

It's a great idea, but players should take the initiative to start the apocalypse themselves by typing -delete_character twice. Be the change you want to see in the world!

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:08 am

DM Monkey wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:31 am

It's a great idea, but players should take the initiative to start the apocalypse themselves by typing -delete_character twice. Be the change you want to see in the world!

when do we start the killing

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:53 am

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:08 am

when do we start the killing

I'm afraid the wholesale extermination of all Arelith will have to remain as your waking fantasy

• rejected.