With the influx of new players I have been noticing more and more behaviours and tendencies that slowly but surely bring decline to the quality of roleplay on the server.
- Some players notoriously litter wherever they go, despite garbage barrels being right beside them. And was it an IC RP behavior, I'd be happy -- yay, flavor! But it is most certainly not in any of the cases...
- Fixtures are being messed up, moved and/or stolen, and not fixed properly, making areas a mess.
- Some players seem to think that whispering numbers while operating the menus is 'optional' and just a 'suggestion' and end up consistently spamming the chat window with them.
- People stop caring how they type more and more, not applying punctuation or capitalizing letters. In extreme cases even using slang or replacing words with single letters.
- OOC is being brought up in public chat often nowadays. It is usually marked with brackets or ''OOC:" tag, but I don't think everyone realizes that it should be avoided if possible.
When I first started on Arelith I was amazed at the quality of conduct and RP that people carried. I imagine it was because it was mainly populated by older and experienced players/roleplayers back then. Now, with the surge of new blood, that seems to be changing for the worse on the daily.
Perhaps it could be remedied and nipped in the bud with a simple announcement on the Discord, reminding people how to conduct themselves?
If not, then perhaps increased policing on the server? (I'd be happy to assist with that!)