Fixture placement limit per character (or CD Key)

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.
Dreams

Fixture placement limit per character (or CD Key)

Post by Dreams » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 am

I'm suggesting to limit the amount of fixtures that a single player or character can place down across all servers. Maybe an appropriate limit would be around 20-40 fixtures? At the moment, people can spam fixtures either into one area until the limit or across multiple areas on the server and are protected by our rules/setup in that other players are limited to only breaking 3 (or deleting 1).

e.g. If a player decided they wanted to annoy everyone with tents, they could buy a load of tents and just place one down in every area on the surface so that every time a player goes out they see that tent right there.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Fixture placement limit per character (or CD Key)

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:22 am

If we wanted to do this, I'd suggest that we a) get rid of fixtures sold (if we think they're being abused, I'm... not sure they are, but lets run with that idea) and b) make it fixtures able to be /crafted/ rather than moved. My reason for that is sometimes you'll pick a fixture up and down a few times as you want to place it correctly.
Also there are times (such as moving house) when you'll want to pick up, and put down, large amount of fixtures. Or for temporary events. And again - without the ability to pick up and move about freely, this can be a pain. So IF we wanted to do this, then I'd suggest limiting the amount able to be bought/crafted would be a better way.
That said - we don't tend to get a lot of complaints about this sort of thing? So I'm unsure how much the change is really needed? Wiser minds than mine can make that call however.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Fixture placement limit per character (or CD Key)

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:21 pm

Rejected.

If there is a concern about fixture spam, please report to the DMs. I will not penalize the majority based on the few - fixtures give a breath of life to areas, personal homes, and events. All we ask is that players are mindful of bloat, unnecessary placement and unintended usage of fixtures (ie. using noticeboards as walls, etc).

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.