Changing chat type to improve immersion

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Changing chat type to improve immersion

Post by Twily » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:01 am

First I don't even know if this is possible to do, but I think it would be nice if the server supported being able to set up the chat logs settings in a way that excludes OOC mechanics while leaving behind important RP information. This isn't currently the case though.

Both Combat Info and Server messages I think should be able to be disabled, to remove a player seeing "xxxx has left as a player" and "xxxx attacks xxxx:etc"

As it stands now though, Combat info includes player shouts(/s), language translations(including what language is selected after typing -xx) and Rest/Hunger/Thirst info which are very important things to have for RP reasons.

Suggestion: Move the above three things to another chat type, such as Shouts(since I think original shouts as disabled, and DMs would be a DM shout)

EDIT: So it was made evident to me that this wasn't 100% clear, so I figured i'd add on.

What I'm getting at is that currently a player can't turn off Combat Info by using the in game settings, because that will also make them not see shouts, language translations, and the rest/hunger/thirst information. The suggestion is that these three things are swapped to a different "chat type" so that a player can turn off "Combat Info" if they don't want to see attack rolls/saves without removing the above three things.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Changing chat type to improve immersion

Post by Mithreas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:08 pm

http://arelith.com/tools/filter.php lets you post process your logs.

http://highergroundpoa.proboards.com/th ... er-windows may be helpful if you want richer function.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.