Chance to make uncanny dodge available to Monks.

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Chance to make uncanny dodge available to Monks.

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Greetings.

Could I sugest the posibility to make available to monks the feat uncanny dodge in the list of the feats that they could acquire.

The monks should be able to acquire the feat uncanny dodge. Really it doesn't make sense that a monk, whose physical training is unquestionable and who acquires powers close to supernatural phisical parameeters, such as a top speed, high AC, immunities against poisons and diseases, etc, couldn't acquire, nevertheless, uncanny dodge without mixing levels of other classes as SD or rogue.

As a alternative, they could have as requisite, a base dextery of 20+ to be allowed to get access to the feat uncanny dodge (since not all monks are dextery based and makes sense that those focused on dex, could get it).

This could reward and encourage the creation of more pure monks, that currently now are dead man if catched flat-footed.

PD. For epic dodge they shall continue in the need to mix classes to get aswell the feat defensive roll (or something like that) that is another requirement for epic dodge feat... and i am not asking for this, but just for uncanny, and uncanny won't afect the requisites of cross-classing they will need to do to get access to epic dodge as SD and or Rogue gets "defensive roll" some levels after uncanny, that always comes in level 2 of sd or rogue.

PD2. Shadow dancers, barbarians and rogues get for free uncanny dodge, I am not asking to giev for free to monks, just could be enough to let them get it by using one of the feats they win.

Regards
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you