Make Speedy Quest Optional

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Anime Sword Fighter

Make Speedy Quest Optional

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 am

Yes, I know it's already "optional" -- in that technically, you don't have to do it, but I still make the following suggestion:

At the Speedy Messenger desk in Cordor, instead of accepting the items to deliver you can select another dialogue option that allows you to essentially skip the quest and autolevel to 3 as if you completed it, similar to how you only need to talk to the mayor on Skaljard to level to 3.

Why?
First, for those of us that suffer from alt-itis, it would be such a boon to not have to walk the dull rounds around Cordor once again, and again, and again, putting another obstacle from actually playing a new character that doesn't really provide any enjoyable experience.

Second, while Cordor still crashes some people from the EE update (either from whatever is in the specific areas, or/plus the memory leak worsening as you have to cross multiple areas) it can drag the quest on even longer if you crash in the middle of it.

It's not a huge deal, but it seems everytime I try to make a new PC in Cordor I crash entering the Cultural District doing the quest, so... this suggestion comes out of that annoyance (and the years of painstakingly re-doing the delivery quest over and over)

All can be said for Andunor's quest too.

I had a change of mind-- simply change the Speedy Quest so that you have to deliver a single item to the Registry Agent in the Nomad. That way, new players learn the writ system, you aren't dragged across Cordor carrying things to all different NPCs, and you're still made to do a quest in order to level up. Have the Speedy that gives you the quest also give a book with all the places listed in Cordor, like a city tourism pamphlet, that normally you have to bring the items to, so that new players are also given that intro to the city.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Make Speedy Quest Optional

Post by Irongron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:27 pm

This is an old chestnut of a suggestion (the registry agent is new though). Speedy quest is a huge deal for new players, and that is normally why it is denied.

But you know, this time....

Approved (but for 20RPR+ players only - They get the 1 package version)

Irongron

Re: Make Speedy Quest Optional

Post by Irongron » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Completed.