Weapon Enchantments.

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Weapon Enchantments.

Post by Aren » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Currently, I am playing a dual wielding character that uses various weapon enchantments. I found that a lot of micromanaging is required to enchant your weapons while dual wielding. Thus I suggest the following:

As with the quality of life change to Magic Vestment (which I am quite fond of), I would like to suggest that weapon enchantments such as: Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon, Keen Weapon, Darkfire, Flame Weapon, Bless Weapon, Deafening Clang, Holy Sword, Blade Thirst and Blackstaff - would target the offhand if the enchantment is currently on the main hand weapon.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Weapon Enchantments.

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:50 pm

I believe this was already done, but may be mistaken. Will await confirmation, and if not...

Approved.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Weapon Enchantments.

Post by KT28 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:29 pm

I also thought we already had this, but it turns out we didn't! Completed now.
RESTRICTED WEAPON BUFFS: When cast on a creature holding an invalid weapon (due to the weapon already being enchanted or possessing magical properties) in the mainhand, 'Restricted' weapon buffs now attempt to apply to the offhand weapon instead. Buffs affected by this change:

Magic Weapon
Greater Magic Weapon
Keen Edge
Flame Weapon
Darkfire

UNRESTRICTED WEAPON BUFFS: When cast on a creature holding a weapon that is already enchanted with the weapon buff in the mainhand, 'Unrestricted' weapon buffs now apply to the offhand weapon instead. Buffs affected by this change:

Blackstaff
Deafening Clang
Bless Weapon
Holy Sword
Blade Thirst

Works for spells cast from all sources (spellbook, wands, scrolls).