Too Many items with 3+ Discipline, making disarm and knockdown near useless.

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red Ropes

Too Many items with 3+ Discipline, making disarm and knockdown near useless.

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:17 pm

The server has had a discipline item creep the last several years. There are many items on it that should probably be removed from the loot tables or adjusted.

One of these being the Andunorian Champion belt which gives +3 STR and +5 DISCI.

Others being the recent Sargeants cloaks and various items within the random loot like Piker's Rings.

There are also now stack-able boons that give Discipline.

This allows many people to be still invulnerable to most people or mobs using knockdown.

I propose that these items be reduced in their in the number adjusted both by script and by loot table. Along with this to see less DISC out there.

Knockdown and Disarm have taken a heavy hit to their value. They need to have this balanced out in turn.
🤡

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Too Many items with 3+ Discipline, making disarm and knockdown near useless.

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:23 pm

I will keep an eye out for items that grant Disc and look at reducing their frequency/power.

Approved

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Too Many items with 3+ Discipline, making disarm and knockdown near useless.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Quite a few items have had their Disc scores lowered, so I'm counting this as complete.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)