Ranger Leather Crafting

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Drowble Oh Seven

Ranger Leather Crafting

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 am

Consider either reducing the DC to make the ranger-specific armours, or removing the ranger-only crafting restriction (though the class restriction should surely be retained for use).

At the moment, it's 56 - which is significantly higher than the 48 required for pretty much every other bit of high-end tailoring. This means that non-ranger tailors are unlikely to bother with the investment to work on it (since they lack the class levels to make it in the first place).

This necessitates that a ranger will almost certainly have to take tailoring in order to make their endgame equipment which - While not a bad thing in itself, requires the investment of the vast majority of their skill-points, and limits the option to explore other trades. If you're a ranger, take tailoring, or hope you can find another ranger that has both taken it and reached the level cap to have enough skill points invested to actually make the thing - which isn't always an easy thing.

Other builds have class-specific equipment with high DCs (see all the crowns), but this is alleviated a little by the fact that it can be crafted by PCs outside of that class.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Ranger Leather Crafting

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:12 am

Approved for lowering the DC (these are based on item value by default, but Morderon added a feature where it can be adjusted)

If someone can PM the exact name and location of the item that would be helpful.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Ranger Leather Crafting

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Complete. DC is now 45.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)