Weave Master and Auto Quicken

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Ecstatic

Re: Weave Master and Auto Quicken

Post by Ecstatic » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:04 am

BM&M, please step back just a little bit and take a deep breath.

Mithreas is already working at making autoquicken and quicken useful, without breaking the class.

If you need help with spell selection, feat selection, and tactics, there are plenty of people that would be happy to help on the forums, but they are less likely to do it if every post is a wall of hopelessness. Moreover, I can't help but feel that most of your posts belong in a "Please help me figure out what I can do better" thread, rather than a thread about a suggested mechanical change which Mithreas has already said he intends to make.
TANSTAAFL

Hamatreya

Post by Hamatreya » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:32 am

I admit, I'm sort of attracted to the idea of 1-3 spells only locking out 1-3 circles, 4-6 spells only locking out 4-6 circles, and 7-9 spells only locking out 7-9 circles. Seems rather neat. But! I'm not about to petition for Weave Master to be changed.
Plays as: Vals Nerys

Bones Mist and Moons
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Bones Mist and Moons » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:07 am

Ecstatic wrote:BM&M, please step back just a little bit and take a deep breath.

Mithreas is already working at making autoquicken and quicken useful, without breaking the class.

If you need help with spell selection, feat selection, and tactics, there are plenty of people that would be happy to help on the forums, but they are less likely to do it if every post is a wall of hopelessness. Moreover, I can't help but feel that most of your posts belong in a "Please help me figure out what I can do better" thread, rather than a thread about a suggested mechanical change which Mithreas has already said he intends to make.
You seem to have the mistaken impression I'm just playing it wrong. I'm trying to explain why I think the current Weave Master needs to be modified, not complain.

But alright. I'm done. Hamatreya and Mith seem content with it as is and I'm not changing anyways mind.
Don't use cross-area parties and -dispel while idle. Every bit of lag less is a penny in my therapy jar.

Bones - Necromancy, Life, Death, Creation, Time.
Mist - Mystery, Secrecy, Mysticism, Beauty.
Moons - Light, Dark, Space, Magic, Travel.

Inalden

Post by Inalden » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:04 pm

To be separate from all that stuff but a suggestion I was thinking off, could the Spell Focus feat provide further cool down reduction but only to the spells who fall into that spell focuses domain of spells. Like if you use shadow conjuration and your spell focused Illusion, because its a illusion spell it would get further cooldown reduction.

Rp reason for it, in my mind, is due to the weave master having spent so much time to become so focused on those schools that they are able to channel the weave of those spells more easily then others.

Of course the CD Reduction would need to be set for Weave Masters only. And you could if you want to maintain balance, set to where the opposite school of the spell focus gets increased cooldown time since they are of a spell school they spent little time using.

*edited to make more sense and elaborate further on my thoughts*