Barkskin reapplication apply highest value

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

WanderingPoet

Barkskin reapplication apply highest value

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Since the removal of the barkskin VFX you can no longer tell if someone has barkskin on them. This often leads to a druid/cleric/shaman casting barkskin on someone for +5 and then someone accidentally removing it with a barkskin wand, ranger leathers or elder dream spear and dropping it to a +3.

It'd be nice if like zoo spells, if a reapplication just kept whatever was the highest value rather than dropping you.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

garrbear758

Re: Barkskin reapplication apply highest value

Post by garrbear758 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 pm

Approved
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Barkskin reapplication apply highest value

Post by KT28 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:42 pm

I could not reproduce this issue. It does not appear that prior castings of barkskin are removed and have never been removed when new castings are applied (unlike zoo spells). I was however able to fix this for zoo spells:
Update Announcements wrote:Casters applying zoo spells to targets that currently have a higher bonus than the caster's maximum will no longer replace the existing spell with an inferior bonus. For example, if a caster without GSF Transmutation (capped at +5) casts Bull's Strength on a target whose strength was already buffed by a caster with Epic Transmutation (+7), the caster's spell will fail with a feedback message.
I am considering this Completed; if anyone is able to reproduce this issue with barkskin please send me a forum PM with steps to reproduce it and screenshots of the AC before/after.