Remove "Empty Glass bottle"

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Drogo Gyslain

Remove "Empty Glass bottle"

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 am

So, there are a varitety of useless junk items floating around the inventories of boxes, chests and enemies alike, and while this is completely understandable, I would like to propose getting rid of or cleaning up a few of them.

Glass Bottles and Empty Glass Bottles are treated like wholly seperate objects. Glass bottles are used in crafting and arts work. Empty Glass Bottles do not do anything.

Can we either make them compatible with the recepies, or simply eliminate them and replace them with a standard glass bottle all the time?

Or do we really need countless additional, pointless items spawning into the world?

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Remove "Empty Glass bottle"

Post by Anatida » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:18 pm

There are plenty of random items in the loot matrix that do not serve an actual purpose, other than perhaps as an RP item such as wooden goblet, utensils, rags...

On a positive note, you will soon be able to distinguish items more easily! (All I'm gonna say)

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:46 pm

I think the issue is less that of random junk items not being usable, but rather that a useless "Empty Glass Bottle" and a craft-item "Glass Bottle" would be the *same thing* by rules of basic common sense. I think merely renaming "Empty Glass Bottle" to something like "Broken Glass Bottle" would be nice. I like random junk items but I also really dislike this one for being so confusingly named.

Done.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:53 pm

I am actually in complete agreement with that. It's so wierd that we have that, and bottles we can craft. If it's no trouble to either rename, or remove them - let's do that!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:58 pm

I believe this is done.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)