Remake Prompt

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Remake Prompt

Post by Skibbles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Found this in the reminder thread from GrumpyCat:
Things you do NOT get to keep
*ANY ITEMS!
*Any Gold! (No giving it to someone else to hold for you. Players found doing is will be penalized harshly)
*Any property (You may not rebuy your shop/home after - again we'll be monitoring this.)
It might help a lot to have this prompted on typing in remake. The first one is obvious (and the script of course preventing it mostly that I know of), the second one obvious to many and maybe not to all, but the third is maybe not so known or obvious.

Also to combine suggestion with a question on the third item: For how long can you not own a property you once had? Forever?

I totally understand the spirit: no 'hey hold this shop for me brb' but it is very open to interpretation after that.

Either way the suggestion is mostly just: it might help staff to have it included similar to the delete-character warning.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Remake Prompt

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:12 pm

I approve of this.

As for your question - Yes, forever on the REMADE character.
On an entirely new character? I mean - if five years after playing Joe, you happen to get the same quarter on Bob because you discovered it up for sale, I doubt any DM would blink an eye. If however you played Bob and had a Mansion, and then made Joe, met your old pc friends and 'happened' to make the connections that you 'happen' to get your old mansion back, even on an entirely new character... we'd probably look a little askance at that.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Remake Prompt

Post by MalKalz » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 am

Completed.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.