Pirate Writs & Ink

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rasha
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Pirate Writs & Ink

Post by Rasha » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Possibly consider reworking the writs, so only specific writs are available at each rank, leaving the Amnish, Cordorian, Fishing & Merchant ship writs for last, to obtain Dread Pirate, which demands the murder of likely decently aligned NPCs.

That way, when you see a Dread Pirate, you know for fact they have committed murder at sea, and the RP will make sense. Even not seeing pirate ink does not guarantee they will not be ousted. So, hopefully “known” lower rank pirates will get less harsh punishments from settlements than those who have obtained Dread Ink.

I believe all the other pirate writs are towards monsters, wildlife and undead.

Maybe new writs could be included that demand collecting treasures or other valuables.

Would also be cool to have a visual representation of Sencliff Ink, per rank. A different style than what is offered to anyone who gets tattoos. Only a Dread Pirate would be fully covered. 1 specific tattoo per rank, seven in all.

-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Rasper - Shelf
Vesra Maa've - Shelf
Tessa O'Shea - Active
Ravenna - Shelf

Sazal' Dro'Vaalvaz
Wilhelmina Vehk "Billy"
Asrynda Maethe Caesonia "Mae"
Moray Evermoore

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Pirate Writs & Ink

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:16 pm

This idea - at least the first part (writs not being all evil to start with) is well liked by myself and the team. Moving to approve in some manner or form.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Pirate Writs & Ink

Post by Sincra » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 am

Only dread rank is visible to other PC's now.
Complete.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.