Whidershin Tavern Less Creepy/Sleezy

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Whidershin Tavern Less Creepy/Sleezy

Post by Bunnysmack » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:00 am

Gotta say, overall, I adore the remade tavern that used to be Mayfield's. It's cozier, more classy, and has some pretty darn spacious upstairs quarters, but...the sounds/music lag behind the shift in tone.

Having noticed in the recent update that there was an approved suggestion of:
Treadstone Locks Houses' music 80% less creepy (from approved suggestion).

I figured I might float the idea of a similar change added to the updated Whidershin tavern. The prior music and background noise DID fit. It was, by intent, a sleazy pit of a tavern. Creepy music, sounds of people arguing, burping, breaking glassware...That all fit the old Mayfield's, where the sound of the talentless acting troupe rehearsing was heard upstairs, the lighting was cheap, and the entire floor for quarters gave a system message describing smells of mold and cobwebs everywhere when a PC finished walking up the stairs.

Now, it has most of the NPC merchants that a player could ask for, NPC academics hailing from the tower and the turret, a registry agent, the land auction, and overall a much more middle-class feel. Music that makes a person think a shiv is about one minute from finding their back, doesn't really fit. Neither do the constant sounds of burping and broken glass.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Whidershin Tavern Less Creepy/Sleezy

Post by MalKalz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Music will be reviewed.

Approved.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Whidershin Tavern Less Creepy/Sleezy

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Done some time ago.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)