Fishing

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Daedin

Fishing

Post by Daedin » Thu May 14, 2015 1:24 pm

So, after all this time, I finally have a character that uses the fishing system.
And though it is actually quite fun, for such a simple thing, it also seems..lacking and limited. I end up with more rings than fish..which is odd and hilarious at the same time.
By looking at the toolset, however, I discovered that it is very limited in what could be used to represent a wider variety of aquatic fauna. I have hopes that the wizards in the dev team might be able to work around that, however.

So, ideas:

- Simply, more variety of fish.
- More fishing spots throughout the island. The whole Minmir Area, for instance, is seriously lacking. Also fishing spots in the smaller streams, like the ones going through the Arelith forest.
-A whole lot more fishing spots in underground areas. There is a ton of water beneath ground that could support a lot of life, but there're few interactable spots.
- Related with the above, add a lot of fauna that goes with the theme. Crustaceans of all sorts, even some forms of insects and invertebrates, and yet more fish.
-In deep water scenarios, like fishing near the ocean or great lakes, add a 5% chance of a random encounter, where you are pulled to an under water instance, by some form of aquatic creature.
- Add fishbone to the crafting matrix. It could be used by either cooks or art crafters for jewelry and even weaponry such as daggers and arrows.
-Ice fishing! With the use of a shovel or pick, characters could open holes in frozen areas, and then fish there.

All in all, just thoughts and ideas to add some depth to the fishing system.