Crafting; Two Quick & Dirty Ideas

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Crafting; Two Quick & Dirty Ideas

Post by Kuma » Fri May 29, 2015 6:27 pm

1: Cook up that old "gain piety for consulting bookshelves" thing for worshipping a Knowledge & Invention Aspect deity. Same as how Nature piety works for tending plants and things. If class restrictions (like Nature piety) must be included, make it Bards, Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics, Harper Scout, and any and all Paths thereof. I'd be keen to have it be open to all, though. I can see an argument against this being that "piety farming" would come by touring libraries - I counter that it means characters that should visit libraries will visit libraries more. It's also just about as fast as an unaligned Altar.

2: Instead of the K&I godsave being an autosuccess, which is frequently burnt out on making things like glass or what have you, at a far higher rate than crafting can give you (crafting piety gain is unsustainable even for a Gift of Crafting character at level 30), have the boon be rolled for at Project Start. Have a chance, tied to piety and possibly only occuring every few RL hours, similar to -prays, to create two projects instead of one. For example;

Billy Melnik the Crafter has a Raw Gem (Diamond). He starts the Diamond project, and, with Gond favouring his works, winds up with two Diamond (0% Completed)s instead of just the one. Hurrah! Of course, this should happen Fairly rarely, and take out a decent chunk of piety.

Both of these ideas would make K&I a crafter's dream, which is what it's Supposed to be, but isn't.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)