Wail of the Banshee

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Hazard

Wail of the Banshee

Post by Hazard » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:24 am

A save or die spell that is 9th circle, but I find it to be pretty useless in endgame PvE and especially useless in PvP.
In PvE most things will never fail the save, and the things that do are going to be killed before you can finish casting this ... Also, whether the NPCs fail or succeed, it draws their aggro, which for your caster is a very bad time. In PvP everyone will have immunity to death, and if breached (if you even have access to breach) will almost definitely have enough fort, so you'd just be slotting 9th circle spells to fish for 1s with.

I think something like damage could be added to the spell to make it more useful.
A bit of sonic if they fail a will (adding additional save), coupled with deafness or a stun or something that fits a 'wail'. Ree!
... And a bit of negative or entropic (ESF: Necro) damage, without any save, just to make the spell useful even when nothing rolls a 1.

Both, either, neither and some other idea you come up with based off of this. Whatever.
Just something beyond the save or die aspect would be great. Finding it really difficult to justify slotting this in at 9th circle, but I want to use it. It looks and sounds cool.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Wail of the Banshee

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:23 am

Approved for saveless sonic damage.
But rejected for the rest.
Approved over all.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:44 am

Added as a part of spell updates. Will be released alongside other changes at some point.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:04 pm

Complete.