Add Serene Visage to Trickery Domain

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Seren

Add Serene Visage to Trickery Domain

Post by Seren » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:06 am

Is as says on the tin. Trickery clerics are all about deception and maintaining a masquerade depending on what God you serve. I would very much like to see Serene Visage added to trickery domain, as I think it fits the portfolio of a lot of trickery gods. Mask. Cyric. Shar, et. A lot to do with their roleplay in general revolves around deception and misdirection and I think that it would offer a very nice little boost to the domain in light of divine trickery getting gutted / removed a little while back.

I think in light of the new spell update, adding this extra cookie to an already kinda-gimped domain would be very beneficial to it. Most people opt to take illusion over trickery on account of it providing many of the same necessities (honestly most people really just take it for rogues cunning and invis, yet illusion offers invis and much better spells as is.)

If needs-be I was thinking maybe drop sleep as a spell and crank Serene Visage up to circle 3 if you want them to keep invis for circle 2. I'm not certain if multiple spells can be added to a spell tier or not. All the same, I think this would be a nice benefit to cleric to bring disguiser wisdom users up a little bit. We all know Cha classes and Swashbucklers have nigh-unbeatable disguise DCs, and frankly playing a melee cleric, you're already juggling 3 stats to boost, let alone 4 if you want the added cha to your disguise.

This would be a significant quality of life improvement for the domain, and give people a little bit more mileage out of the new spell!

Martial characters - namely weaponmasters and fighters with lots of feats are able to pretty much effortlessly invest into Spot, same goes for bards between song and all their other goodies, as well as other classes getting big spot bonuses to help break disguises. I think this would really help clerics out considering they're feat tight and can't really afford to invest in SF or other small things, where-as a fighter can - and several I know -do- drop feats into SF, ESF and alertness in order to totally shatter pretty much any disguise except for a bard, warlock or swashbuckler's intense DC.

I think Cleric is kind of gatekept from being any good at disguise compared to many other classes that function off of it, as many builds simply do not allow you to soak into deep Charisma unless you're a smiter or a niche divine shield/might build - which frankly you hardly ever see, on account of pretty much every other class with smite being far better for endgame content / pvp as, if you want to full-send with a hitter, you're going to play a class designed to do so; but I digress.

We already have things like warlock offering upwards of +9 to bluff or perform from the fey or hag pacts on top of the fact that they're CHA heavy by necessity. I think the additional +4 to cleric would really be unintrusive - especially when we consider that the new Vigilante class gets upward of +20 from Secret Identity.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Add Serene Visage to Trickery Domain

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:06 pm

Approved and will be rolled out soon.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can