Tribal barbarian 5/rogue 25

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Waldo52

Tribal barbarian 5/rogue 25

Post by Waldo52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:23 am

I know, I know! It sounds AWFUL.

But I was thinking with some summoning scrolls you'd have enough distractions for guaranteed sneak attacks.

Could it be done?

Eyeliner

Re: Tribal barbarian 5/rogue 25

Post by Eyeliner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 am

Two level 5 tribals are going to be completely worthless, are you under the impression they scale with character level instead of barb? I don't think it's worth bothering with unless you have a meme reason or some angle I'm not seeing.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm

Eyeliner wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 am
Two level 5 tribals are going to be completely worthless, are you under the impression they scale with character level instead of barb? I don't think it's worth bothering with unless you have a meme reason or some angle I'm not seeing.
Lmao

I literally drunk posted this last night.

My thought process was using tribal barbarian as the 5 level discipline dump/BaB filler class in the way you'd normally use fighter or something else, and using them as disposable distractions to make scoring sneak attacks easier.

With a sober mind this is actually a pretty terrible idea.

fading

Post by fading » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Waldo52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Eyeliner wrote:
Lmao

My thought process was using tribal barbarian as the 5 level discipline dump/BaB filler class in the way you'd normally use fighter or something else, and using them as disposable distractions to make scoring sneak attacks easier.

You could do a heavy barbarian with rogue levels for something similar and actually playable. 21 barb/9 rogue? I don't know how great it would be but seems functional and sounds like a fun concept maybe. 5d6 sneak attack ain't bad

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 am

fading wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:13 pm
Waldo52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Eyeliner wrote:
Lmao

You could do a heavy barbarian with rogue levels for something similar and actually playable. 21 barb/9 rogue? I don't know how great it would be but seems functional and sounds like a fun concept maybe. 5d6 sneak attack ain't bad
Actually sounds amusing 😆