Help with a Build - Cleric (or whatever) focused on slime summoning

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AleHisa

Help with a Build - Cleric (or whatever) focused on slime summoning

Post by AleHisa » Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm

I was thinking it could be really fun to play a servant of the slime god focused on summoning/swarming with the sticky dudes!

But I'm absolutely and utterly terrible with builds/mechanics, so...do you guys have any ideas or ready builds I maybe missed in the wiki and such?

Thanks!!

ZombieDuck

Re: Help with a Build - Cleric (or whatever) focused on slime summoning

Post by ZombieDuck » Mon May 16, 2022 9:04 am

For clerics there's the Ooze domain to grant you access to Oozes(Starting at Summon Creature 7 at cleric level 13) and it also gives you elemental swarm Oozes at level 17(9th spell slot).

Was there anything else you wanted from the build? Clerics are typically pretty strong or decent no matter what they focus on.

Multiclass?
Caster or Melee cleric?
Str or Dex?

You get most use out of cleric buffs by going Full Plate + Shield since you can buff both to +5.
Forever a duckling.
Character: Typically some Orog in UD

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm

Kenji smashed it out of the park with his cookie-cutter cleric sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =730202521

The other tabs on that document have different cleric builds. I'm pretty sure they're up to date, take a look through them, see if there's anything you like, let us know if there's any extra flavour you want to try to fit in.

I think Animal / Ooze domains would be a good pairing, and makes RP sense since your character will likely be witnessing the intersection of animal and ooze very often :D

AleHisa

Post by AleHisa » Mon May 16, 2022 6:49 pm

MRFTW wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm
Kenji smashed it out of the park with his cookie-cutter cleric sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =730202521

The other tabs on that document have different cleric builds. I'm pretty sure they're up to date, take a look through them, see if there's anything you like, let us know if there's any extra flavour you want to try to fit in.

I think Animal / Ooze domains would be a good pairing, and makes RP sense since your character will likely be witnessing the intersection of animal and ooze very often :D
Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, I don't really have a preference when it comes to stats per-se and I'm guessing a STR Cleric would focus more on heavy armors and such.

Was just wondering if I had to do something specific to get the oozy vibe...but apparently just pick the domain is enough, haha!

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:32 pm

I wanted to play this one myself (but held off because there were others) . If you want heavy amour then unpathed Cleric is your only option. Thou other path offer interesting rp idea as well. Pure or have a few lv dips into anything
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade