Hah! What epic saves? (how high can DCs go?)

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lurch

Hah! What epic saves? (how high can DCs go?)

Post by Lurch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Inspired by the silliness of my other threads, this time it's time to crank up spell effectiveness to ridiculous levels, forsaking defense, survivability, character consistency and reason itself, perhaps even server limitations.

Ahem.

Wondering what to do with that greater award you've got lying around? How about this:

Race:pixie (or aasimar, neither of these is going to make any sense)

Shadow Sorcerer 25 / Harper Paragon 5 (try explaining that to the DMs)

23 starting charisma with natural leader background (with appropriate gift and bloodline if that's your thing). +7 from levelups, +6 from great charisma VI, leaving one more feat for epic spell focus and finally +12 from items and buffs.

This nets us 48 charisma, coupling that with shadow mage necromancy bonus of +2 and spell foci of +6 and we have a wail of the banshee DC with base 10 + 9 + 2 + 6 + 19 = 46 fort save, or die.

Or have shadow shield, or death ward, or be undead, or a myriad of other creatures, including elemen--ANYWAY; There it is. Better hope it works when you cast it.

On the divine front, a cleric will probably get DC 44 implosion since they don't have shadow mage bonus or a background that bolsters their primary attribute, assuming they're willing to sully their CL by taking Champion of Torm for at least 6 levels for great wisdom. A wizard will fall behind by one point due to backgrounds, again. Nobody cares about druids.

EDIT: I should mention the the harper doesn't really give more epic feats compared to a pure mage, it would just make you a little bit less squishy.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Hah! What epic saves? (how high can DCs go?)

Post by Wytchee » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Lurch wrote:Nobody cares about druids.
Well I was GONNA play along.

You are also discounting a sorcerer taking a druid dip for +4 to charisma (parrot totem).
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Lurch

Re: Hah! What epic saves? (how high can DCs go?)

Post by Lurch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 pm

I stand corrected, that is a nice trick. Too bad it only increases DCs by one since it robs one epic feat and those were just enough to get a rounded charisma score. Nevertheless, 47 DC Weird, Wail or Dominate Monster sounds pretty nice.