Dual Wield WM

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kalos

Dual Wield WM

Post by Kalos » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:23 am

I was looking at a half-orc dual wield weapon master build? Any ideas? Best dual wield weapons?

Thanks!

AstralUniverse

Re: Dual Wield WM

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm

You can play the normal wm build as dual-wield. You have enough feats. You can also do wm with cot and/or paladin for divine might/shield but your ac is going to be low without a shield so I would go cot to bank even harder on offense. All in all, I dont recommend playing a build that banks so hard on offense and has no ac but if you do it, Kukri is your weapon.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Kalos

Post by Kalos » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Thank you. Yes I was toying with the idea of an all out offensive WM and thought dual wield might be better than 2 handed.

Gouge Away

Post by Gouge Away » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Fighter/WM/Invisible Blade could potentially work? Or a swashbuckler/WM/something? I haven't really checked those out but there are more options than there used to be... Though -2 intelligence kind of hurts you there.

Two kukris lets you use a shield or max out parry with nothing in the off hand when you need that AC boost. I think the double axe would do more damage but cost a lot of survivability.

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Kukri’s are basically the standard for dual wielding WM’s for the threat range- but something like a double mace/axe is nice for the +4 weapon and 4x WM crits. Double sword is basically worse in every way so I don’t generally suggest it. If you want to stray from the pack you could go 13 WM for another +1 AB and grab a second weapon of choice to do something like Falchion + Handaxe or double axe + katana/bastard sword for shielding or going two-hand

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:51 pm

I'm sure we're gonna see a wave of horc dual-wield builds. The race is perfect for that now.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm really pleased with this change, it makes the half-orc chassis a lot more versatile and role play for half-orcs has always been fun to me. From smart, to wise, to stupid they do have a lot of flexibility. It's nice that they're mechanically viable again.

I'm pretty excited for a couple half-orc builds now. I'm a bit "upset" that my current half orc is now just a super genius. Would love to fix his gifts lol.