Changes changes changes.

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hazard

Changes changes changes.

Post by Hazard » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm

I plan characters forever in advance, and then take forever more having fun developing their backstory long before I ever actually roll them up on Arelith.

For the longest time I've had a wild-elf barbarian in mind who would use spears.
I'm interested in using the cookie-cutter build on the wiki. Is this still the best option for that route?
There have been quite a lot of changes since then and I was just wondering how up to date those builds there tend to be.
I don't use discord.

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Changes changes changes.

Post by Bunnysmack » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm

A little while back they lowered a lot of the STR/Con requirements for some of the epic barbarian feats along with Epic Damage Reduction, so that may play into what minimum stats you need, especially for constitution. It also might mean you can gain epic feats that previously wouldn't be realistic acquisitions.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Bunnysmack wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm
A little while back they lowered a lot of the STR/Con requirements for some of the epic barbarian feats along with Epic Damage Reduction, so that may play into what minimum stats you need, especially for constitution. It also might mean you can gain epic feats that previously wouldn't be realistic acquisitions.
Oh wow. Yes, that changes everything.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:30 pm

If you're going high barb I recommend trying to fit mighty rage which has lower CON/STR requirements as well.