Casual Dexblade

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Waldo52

Casual Dexblade

Post by Waldo52 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm

I've been having a lot of thirty minute breaks lately, meaning it's hard to plan a play session with others but I feel like doing a writ or two once in a while in Skal.

The hexblade looks really cool right now given the skill changes (he got use trap!!) and I want to make one.

How would you make a dex based hexblade? (A note: I am not into lawful characters or ridiculous weapons so please don't suggest monk!)

I don't necessarily need a build, just some rough outlines. Does curse weapon work with dual wielding and is that a good idea? Is 27 hex 3 rogue or 5/25 viable?

AstralUniverse

Re: Casual Dexblade

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue May 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Waldo52 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm
How would you make a dex based hexblade? (A note: I am not into lawful characters or ridiculous weapons so please don't suggest monk!)
Truth is most people would just slap monk on it.
Dexblade cant select some really important curses/hexes due to low str so at that point, Monk-ing it has to be the most powerful way to go, but if we exclude that option entirely, then we're still left with the normal stuff.

I played a str hexblade 27 bg 3 (but do mind, I only played it on Skal for 15 lvls while being in a similar playing conditions to yours lately) and because the damage was THAT insanely high, I can confidently assume that playing the same thing as dex based would still have good damage and the higher ac would make it even better. So probably 27/3 bg.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Waldo52

Re: Casual Dexblade

Post by Waldo52 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:08 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Waldo52 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm
Truth is most people would just slap monk on it.
Dexblade cant select some really important curses/hexes due to low str so at that point, Monk-ing it has to be the most powerful way to go, but if we exclude that option entirely, then we're still left with the normal stuff.

I played a str hexblade 27 bg 3 (but do mind, I only played it on Skal for 15 lvls while being in a similar playing conditions to yours lately) and because the damage was THAT insanely high, I can confidently assume that playing the same thing as dex based would still have good damage and the higher ac would make it even better. So probably 27/3 bg.
Nice! Thank you!

The 13 strength prerequisite for divine might/shield is kind of crap but it's doable. I could see the BG thing being fun.