Lich Blade

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Senshi
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Lich Blade

Post by Senshi » Tue May 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Does anyone have any exp with this build. Im looking at it, and it looks really powerful.

Any down sides?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Current Characters: Velem'vor

I do YT stuff.. IndieSenshi

Tarkus the dog

Re: Lich Blade

Post by Tarkus the dog » Tue May 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Who made this, out of curiosity?

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm

"Jack Oat"

Curve

Post by Curve » Tue May 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Tarkus the dog wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:01 pm
Who made this, out of curiosity?
What an odd question. Innocent too.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am

Still viable. Very, very good as Orog or Earth Genasi.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am
Still viable. Very, very good as Orog or Earth Genasi.
Ty

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 pm

I was playing around with this- I’d suggest considering half elf for a moonblade and going 5 hex 10 WM 15 PM

You’ll net the feats, AC, and threat range while gaining AB and damage. Slightly lower skill points, but this type of build doesn’t need a ton.

I was seeing around 49AB and 50AC on a 2h (maul or cyclone) and 47 AB / 55 AC on 1h (moonblade) before haste. Generally it’s a slick build, but it doesn’t take advantage of the new WM changes as well as I personally think it could.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu May 27, 2021 1:33 am

a shrouded figure wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 pm
I was playing around with this- I’d suggest considering half elf for a moonblade and going 5 hex 10 WM 15 PM

You’ll net the feats, AC, and threat range while gaining AB and damage. Slightly lower skill points, but this type of build doesn’t need a ton.

I was seeing around 49AB and 50AC on a 2h (maul or cyclone) and 47 AB / 55 AC on 1h (moonblade) before haste. Generally it’s a slick build, but it doesn’t take advantage of the new WM changes as well as I personally think it could.
The recent buff to WM does make it better with 10 wm lvls. That's because you lose 1 bab for going 8 pm pre-epic instead of 6, but you gain 1 ab back from 10th wm. You also gain a feat at 10th wm instead of 10th hex. So you basically gain crit range without losing anything notable other than... I guess 1 indirect ab from hex debuff. I'd say it's a direct upgrade, even if not a big one. Makes the x3 2h weapons more interesting.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:33 am

The recent buff to WM does make it better with 10 wm lvls. That's because you lose 1 bab for going 8 pm pre-epic instead of 6, but you gain 1 ab back from 10th wm. You also gain a feat at 10th wm instead of 10th hex. So you basically gain crit range without losing anything notable other than... I guess 1 indirect ab from hex debuff. I'd say it's a direct upgrade, even if not a big one. Makes the x3 2h weapons more interesting.
Definitely agreed, especially looking at the greater benefit from WM Ki Critical in particular when looking at 3x weapons (2 vs the 1 threat gained from keen or imp crit). Definitely an interesting build. It's honestly a bit lack luster fully kitted... the damage is "ok", the AC is excellent /for a 2h/ or very good /for a strength build/. But HP is borderline low, and I've always felt like PM works best with overwhelming AC. I'd personally only go this route as a 1h + Shield with the goal being that they only smack you on 17+ and they wont be critting even if they manage to touch you.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu May 27, 2021 6:23 am

a shrouded figure wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am
AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:33 am

Definitely agreed, especially looking at the greater benefit from WM Ki Critical in particular when looking at 3x weapons (2 vs the 1 threat gained from keen or imp crit). Definitely an interesting build. It's honestly a bit lack luster fully kitted... the damage is "ok", the AC is excellent /for a 2h/ or very good /for a strength build/. But HP is borderline low, and I've always felt like PM works best with overwhelming AC. I'd personally only go this route as a 1h + Shield with the goal being that they only smack you on 17+ and they wont be critting even if they manage to touch you.
I mean.. I dont dislike your logic in this or anything but I see it a bit differently. I think crit immunity gets higher value the lower your ac is. So sitting on 55 AC on a crit immune 2hander that still reaches 50ish ab (including Aid and Hex) and the damage is not actually that low. Its not very higher either but its like why I used to love the vanila monk personally back in the day. The immunities and high survivability is just really good in this game. Slap that on 48+ ab and 170+ damage crits and you got some really nice all rounded straight forward warrior. With proper gearing against CC (stacking as much discipline and unisave and charisma as possible, because you have EMA for ac) and enough Heal potions, very few builds can actually kill you while you keep the kill pressure that most melee PMs and defensive builds dont have. Its really one of my favorites these days.
Svrtr wrote:

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:10 pm

as others said it's best done on an Orog or an Earth Genasi

still viable near-so-far as i can tell

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Jack Oat wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:10 pm
as others said it's best done on an Orog or an Earth Genasi

still viable near-so-far as i can tell
It could probably use a face-lift due to the WM buff. You get exactly the same build but with the Crit Multiplier on top if you switch to 10 wm 5 hexblade. Same number of feats. Same AB*. I can send you the spreadsheet (tho I did make mine for Earth Genasi) if you're feeling lazy.

* 1 ab lost due to 2 more pre-epic pm levels, 1 ab gained from 10th wm, 1 situational ab lost from Hex's debuff, 1 situational ab gained from the, now, much more appealing option to go for the Maul/Trident +4. Still best done Orog, lol, but much more viable on other races than before.
Svrtr wrote: