Melee Pale Master Pirate Build help

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Senshi
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Melee Pale Master Pirate Build help

Post by Senshi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Heres current edited build https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=sharing
Im going for a tough pirate who uses a great sword, good in pvp and pve and can get EMD Vampires at high epics.

Im disappointed i could not fit in knockdown.

Im not a builder, any ideas on how i could improve this?
Last edited by Senshi on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Characters: Velem'vor

I do YT stuff.. IndieSenshi

Curve

Re: Melee Pale Master Pirate Build help

Post by Curve » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 am

I’d drop spot or preform for heal. If you were a sword and board character I would not, but with two handed ac it feels like a necessity to me.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 am

Your Sheets is locked.

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 am

Good Character wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 am
Your Sheets is locked.
This is the first time using this.. I have no idea how to unlock it. Can you view it?

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 am

I am able to see it now.

Issues with the build:

1. I believe you added up your AC wrong. It should come out to 51 even without Expertise or Haste. However, you need to cross-class Tumble. Dump Bluff or Leadership and some Heal.
(10 Base + 1 DEX + 3 Tumble + 20 EMA + 1 Boot + 8 Full Plate + 2 Armor Skin + 5 Palemaster AC + 1 Mage Armor)

2. You have an uneven amount of ending Strength. You end up with 27. You need to make sure it's an even number.

3. Hexblades' bonus feat can only be used for its Hexes and Curses last time I checked, so you won't be able to take Epic Mage Armor and Armor Skin at total level 27. Either way, you need to take EMA on a Palemaster level.

4. To take both EMA and Mummy Dust, you need to dump 2 Hexblade levels and Epic Prowess. Take EMA as soon as you can (likely level 27) and Mummy Dust at 30.

5. Dump Epic Will for Epic Prowess or Great STR I.

So far that's all the errors I see. I personally would go for 5 Hex/18 PM/7 WM. You get nothing from going 8 Weapon Master, but at 5 Hex you get access to more damage.

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

Good Character wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 am
I am able to see it now.

Issues with the build:

1. I believe you added up your AC wrong. It should come out to 51 even without Expertise or Haste. However, you need to cross-class Tumble. Dump Bluff or Leadership and some Heal.
(10 Base + 1 DEX + 3 Tumble + 20 EMA + 1 Boot + 8 Full Plate + 2 Armor Skin + 5 Palemaster AC + 1 Mage Armor)

2. You have an uneven amount of ending Strength. You end up with 27. You need to make sure it's an even number.

3. Hexblades' bonus feat can only be used for its Hexes and Curses last time I checked, so you won't be able to take Epic Mage Armor and Armor Skin at total level 27. Either way, you need to take EMA on a Palemaster level.

4. To take both EMA and Mummy Dust, you need to dump 2 Hexblade levels and Epic Prowess. Take EMA as soon as you can (likely level 27) and Mummy Dust at 30.

5. Dump Epic Will for Epic Prowess or Great STR I.

So far that's all the errors I see. I personally would go for 5 Hex/18 PM/7 WM. You get nothing from going 8 Weapon Master, but at 5 Hex you get access to more damage.

Awesome. cheers. i made the build on the test server so it all should be on the right feat level. ill have a play.

Im trying for 7wm/17pal/6 hex

is tumble that important. also as a pirate.. ill need bluff which is the bluff dump at later epic.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 am

Senshi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

Awesome. cheers. i made the build on the test server so it all should be on the right feat level. ill have a play.

is tumble that important. also as a pirate.. ill need bluff which is the bluff dump at later epic.
If it works on the PGCC, keep the feats where they are. I would still dump Epic Will for Great STR I so you don't have to worry about your starting stats.

Incredibly important for a 2-hander build with no inherent large HP pool. You are also on the cusp of where that AC matters, and that 3 tumble AC really helps. That 3 tumble AC means the opponent has a 15% lower chance to hit you.

Dump all the Leadership and 5 Heal.

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:15 am

Good Character wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 am
Senshi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

If it works on the PGCC, keep the feats where they are. I would still dump Epic Will for Great STR I so you don't have to worry about your starting stats.

Incredibly important for a 2-hander build with no inherent large HP pool. You are also on the cusp of where that AC matters, and that 3 tumble AC really helps. That 3 tumble AC means the opponent has a 15% lower chance to hit you.

Dump all the Leadership and 5 Heal.
how much heal should i get as a melee?

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 am

12 heal is good enough. Clears diseases and poisons.

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am

Good Character wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 am
updated build. 4APR. still.. not going to be doing massive dmg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:19 am

Senshi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am
Good Character wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 am
updated build. 4APR. still.. not going to be doing massive dmg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
any way i can squeeze in knockdown?

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:41 am

Senshi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:19 am
any way i can squeeze in knockdown?
Nope. Not unless you totally make your build defunct by either not being able to take Weapon Master, not getting those feats you want, or having an abysmal AB.

EDIT: Keep Tumble at 15. It only works in 5's. Dump Hex to 3. Take 10 Weapon Master for a Bonus Feat and an AB.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Okay...

So the feats are a bit off. Stats are a bit off. level spread is a bit off. But the build is generally good.

You wanna squeeze 1 more str in creation so you lower con to 12 pre-gift and int to 13 because you have enough skill points. Then you dont need Great STR feat and you can get something else.

Then, you want to either go 10/10/10, giving up EMA and going full on shot-gun pvp build with 0 ac but serious kill pressure and crit/sneak/most-cc immunity (you grab 4 great str feats, and use 2 bonus feats for epic weapon focus and epic prowess) with a LOT of ab, OR alternatively, you go for a more pve focused build has 5 hex, 10 wm, 15 pm. And then you get about the same feats as the spreadsheet above, but you get another free feat and 1 ab at 10th weapon master so you get higher ab than the spreadsheet above, and you also have enough feats to fit in Armor skin (which you're missing there), and still have a lvl 30 feat for either KD, Mummy dust or improved expertise, depending on what you wanna do with that character. This one has about 5 ab lower than the 10/10/10 offensive build. Make your decisions. Needless to say you play either of these builds if human, with a Maul or Trident for the +4 keen weapon option.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 pm

Only thing I noticed was 10 PM pre epic = 15 AB so you’re only 3 attacks base. I’d go 5h-7pm-7wm-1pm-1wm-2pm-1wm-4pm-1wm-1pm

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:42 pm

a shrouded figure wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 pm
Only thing I noticed was 10 PM pre epic = 15 AB so you’re only 3 attacks base. I’d go 5h-7pm-7wm-1pm-1wm-2pm-1wm-4pm-1wm-1pm
u take 8th on lvl 13. There's bab and ac on that level. Then you start wm and back to pm at 21-27 and 3 wm after.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:44 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:42 pm
a shrouded figure wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 pm
u take 8th on lvl 13. There's bab and ac on that level. Then you start wm and back to pm at 21-27 and 3 wm after.
I like to split up my disc / spell craft so that I don’t have huge lulls, 7 PM gets you immune to holds so that always feels like a nice point to start grabbing WM even if I have to wait til 20 for 4 attacks- but either way works well. I was just looking at his excel sheet and he had 10 PM pre epic which I would strongly advise against.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:23 pm

Yes. you dont need more than 8 PM lvls pre-epic. the 8th one doesnt hurt you because it has bab and ac on it and I recommend (from experience) grabbing that extra pm lvl before you start wm if you're going for 15 pm 10 wm in total. On mine, I'm lvl 19 and I get my 4th apr at lvl 20. It wasnt the easiest ride here but the Pm's summon undead helped a lot and the extra 3 ac compared other 2h builds in those lvls also helped a lot. You also dont *really* need 32 spellcraft ranks. you can have 30 spellcraft, and it means you get EMA at lvl 27 instead of 30, and in 30 you keep the option to grab Mdust, instead of not having that option at all. That's my two cents.
Svrtr wrote: