Warlock pirate

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

sabrem82

Warlock pirate

Post by sabrem82 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:48 am

I was thinking of making a warlock pirate with fathomless pact. What would a good build be? Should I go pure warlock or is there other classes that would be good to dip into. It doesn't have to be the strongest build in fact theme/rp is more important.

Thanks for any tips.

fading

Re: Warlock pirate

Post by fading » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Deac0knight

Post by Deac0knight » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:56 pm

sabrem82 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:48 am
I was thinking of making a warlock pirate with fathomless pact. What would a good build be? Should I go pure warlock or is there other classes that would be good to dip into. It doesn't have to be the strongest build in fact theme/rp is more important.

Thanks for any tips.
Hey there sabrem82. If you're looking for the most out of the sailing skill to do the sea content, I would highly recommend dipping at least 4 levels of loremaster and taking secret knowledge of Exploration for the +12 sail bonus. Since you can get ward and yoink through your warlock abilities a good 4th level loremaster knowledge is illusion so you can send messages while you are out at sea. I personally went with 26/4 and double pacted instead of taking blast or summoning feats. If you're planning on doing sailing and a lot of sea content, you'll have other pcs around you and you can be built for more utility than pvp combat presence (however, you do get a ton of good inficast spells).

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm

You will be either a blaster lock

Or

Caster summonlock

Or
Caster multi pact lock

With a slight mix of other options

If casterlock interests you

You could go tier 3 fathomless and tier 3 abyssal/infernal + 2 eldritch summon feats

Or tier 3 fathomless, tier 3 undead with cha 24 for tier 6 undead and spare saves 2 warlock feats elsewhere, (good loremaster option)