Champion of Kossuth,ideas?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

xf1313

Champion of Kossuth,ideas?

Post by xf1313 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:23 am

Honestly the primary idea is Fire genasi Paladin, I know earth genasi pal has much better stay but Champion of Kossuth is much more interesting

If play Paladin, would 16str, 8dex, 12con, 8wis, 11+2int, 17-2+2Cha work?

Open to other class suggestions! No WM, Blackguard

The overall character I want to have is a two-hand melee, with good ab and ac, would have good fire resistance (from gear, race, and some essence). So I can perform the flame walk ritual every time I level lol. And mostly ignore flame shields.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

ZombieDuck

Re: Champion of Kossuth,ideas?

Post by ZombieDuck » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:31 pm

Have you considered what Oath you wanted to go with?

27 Paladin/3 Rogue(Taken at Epic, last rogue level anywhere between 27-29) is a stable build that gets 30 Caster Level vs Dispels while netting Tumble/Use Magic Device, Evasion and 2d6 Sneak Attack from Rogue.

27 Paladin/3 Bard(Taken at epic, last level at 27-30) might also be good pick if you don't care about Evasion or Sneak Attack that much. Bard gives a minor song buff and access to Harps(Ollamh Harp has level 15 Mass Haste/Day, meaning you could use those to haste yourself/party) and Bard also gives access to Spellcraft for extra saves againts spells(+1 vs spells/5 Spellcraft) if you can spare the skillpoints.

Oath of Perseverance might be good pick for this, since you'll be missing the shield AC(-7 AC) and it has plenty of features to heal you(and your allies).

Quick math on AC on two-hander at 30 would be: 10 Base, +1 Dex, +2 Armor Skin, +6 Tumble, +7 +3 Armor(Templar Plate), +1 Boots, +4 Barkskin potion, +4 Shield Potion, +1 Shield AC from Dusty Rose Ioun Stone, +4 Haste and +10 Divine Shield(At 10 Cha mod) = 53, which isin't much but as expected from a two-hander. You can ofcourse add Expertise/Improved Expertise to that.
Forever a duckling.
Character: Typically some Orog in UD

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:55 pm

Ty for the suggestion! Both seems valid...and should allow me to stay alive in most contents. Perseverance Oath is good for surviving, thou vengeance fits the lore, that relies on having party.

ZombieDuck

Post by ZombieDuck » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:05 am

If you didin't mind lowering paladin levels there's ofcourse a lot more possible builds, such as:
24 Fighter/3 Paladin/3 Rogue that benefits from AB/AC/Dmg/Extra feats of Fighter while still grapping Divine Might/Shield/Divine Smite(Which at this point functions more as an extra attack).

27 Ranger/3 Paladin that uses +5 Bladethirst, has a decent pet, Divine Might/Shield/Smite(Extra Attack) and you can dual-wield with light armor on and buff dex to cover up for actually being Str based or just go for simpler heavy armor.
Forever a duckling.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:14 am

ZombieDuck wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:05 am
If you didin't mind lowering paladin levels.
As long as the the build fits concept, I don’t mind not having pal level. Thou the holysword is very nice you know...saving the trouble looking for weapons

ZombieDuck

Post by ZombieDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:09 pm

Did you want the character to be Human Fire Genasi or do you not mind picking other base races?
(Human Genasi needing Normal Award and other base race genasi needing Greater Award)
Forever a duckling.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:05 am

ZombieDuck wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:09 pm
Did you want the character to be Human Fire Genasi or do you not mind picking other base races?
(Human Genasi needing Normal Award and other base race genasi needing Greater Award)
Human, since I do not have greater.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:22 am

A somewhat crazy thought, but have you considered an auto-still-spelling Path of the True Flame sorcerer with a divine champion dip? If you take the levels at epic (after 24 for spellcraft 27) you can use the bonus feats for the automatic still spell line, and it'll still get you to greensteel even though it doesn't come with heavy armor proficiency. Leveling up a true flame single class to epics isn't exactly torture. It would certainly fit the theme of what I understand you to be going for (Kossuth and unlimited FIREpower sound like they should go hand in hand, at least).

Edit: Yes, I know that's what it's not called anymore, but since it's not a lightning reference I refuse to acknowledge it. :geek:
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:28 am

Must say, true flame is something I have not considered, this one is more ranged casting build but does feels right for Kussoth.

I have considered cleric as well, Knowledge & Forge Cleric? Just a bit plain

swashbuckler might work stat wise, but having a fire gen sailing is just wrong hahaha.

You have me thinking.....trueflame monk... order of Phoenix.....flame shield melee LOL. I know the stat is close to impossible.