Warpriest initial stats and multiclass

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

legionetrangere

Warpriest initial stats and multiclass

Post by legionetrangere » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:56 pm

Howdy,

I'm trying to figure out a Gold Dwarf warpriest build. Currently struggling with initial stats and multiclass options

I was thinking on
STR 16 ( gift then 4 investment points)
DEX 6
CON 16
WIS 15 (gift then 3 investment points)
INT 14
CHA 8

This will leave me out of divine might/shield (i'm not a fan of shotgun builds tbh). Are they worth it though? Because i'll have to sacrifice other stats to get it. Any ideas?

Regarding multiclassing, what are the thoughts on Warpriest 23 / Dwarven Defender 4 / Bard(or rogue) 3. Should I go for fighter instead because feats?

I'm having a hard time coming up with a viable build on this guy
Any feedback is much appreciated it
PayadorPerseguido

Good Character

Re: Warpriest initial stats and multiclass

Post by Good Character » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 pm

The divine might/shield set-up is fantastic, especially since the path gets Divine Syngery (i.e. both divine might and shield go off at the same time). I absolutely agree on the sentiment about shotgun builds, but with the Warpriest path pretty much eliminating the time needed for the buffs a battle cleric needs it's just an easy filler. In essence, it's an extra +8 AC and +8 damage.

To make this happen everything should be 14 aside from CON, which will be 16, and DEX, which will be 6. 4 into Strength and 3 into Wisdom with each gifting a gift. You will go 23 cleric/4 fighter/3 bard.

Now with Gold Dwarf not receiving the level 1 feat a Human would, you have two options:
1. Between levels 24 and 30 you have the option to take Quicken Spell to help speed up any spell, including Mass Heals. Quicken Spell is fantastic with the recent buff that makes it only cost 1 spell slot above the original spell's level, or
2. Dump Quicken Spell to take Knockdown.

Given this build should hit roughly 51 to 53 AB, Knockdown is a solid choice.

However, if you are adamant against using divine might/shield then Earthking Defender is fine. With Banner I and Iron Stance, it offers you +3 AB and +4 AC in-exchange for giving up 3 feats and 5 damage (due to Weapon Specs a fighter can take).

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:56 pm

EKD 5 gives the sneak attack immunity - it might be hard to fit in but worth considering, as it's very useful. Just gotta watch that CL for dispels.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:39 am

Investing in Divine Might and Divine Shield does not make the build a shotgun build, but the opposite. One will now need to gear and boost the Charisma stat and spend 1 round to activate Divine Might or Divine Shield. When one doesn't build into div might and div shield, one gains three feats and more base ability scores in return. One then utilizes those gains to boost other aspects of the build, which usually make said non-div builds more shotgun-y than the usual div builds.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Good Character wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 pm
especially since the path gets Divine Syngery (i.e. both divine might and shield go off at the same time).
Wait. What?

Where is the note on this

How did I miss this
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil