Spell List for Hemomancer

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Zalius

Spell List for Hemomancer

Post by Zalius » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:31 pm

Hello!

Im currently working on a Hemomancer, but im not the best at working out what spells to go for. Currently im level 23 and just got my hands on ESF Evo.
Can anyone lend me a hand?

Sandrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Spell List for Hemomancer

Post by Sandrow » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:12 am

I'll skip those spells below level 4 because you shouldn't have much problem with them.

Fighting of hemomancer concentrate on three dimensions, controlling, dealing damage and survive. And for those spells I don't mention below, you may pick them judging by your need. Do you need a special damage type for some reason? Do you have difficult dealing with a special group of enemies or whether you need some more help to survive.

For level 5 spells, cloadkill, Invisibility Sphere, Nightmare & Remove Curse just don't deserve to be learned.
I highly recommend darkbolt & Improved Invisibility
The rest depends on what type of hemomancer you play and whether you need extra acid damage resource or not.

Darkbolt is famous for its ability to output 7 will check or daze at one cast. When you need to control a boss still, it can be useful.
Imp is a great survival ability; the added focus cost isn't a problem for a hemomancer because you may harvest it back easily.
Ethereal Visage is once reliable, but you may want to get rid of it because 20/+3 can help you for most epic adventures.

For level 6, skip Bestow Curse, Death Ward (which can be replaced by scrolls, cheap wand or potions), Dismissal, Planar Binding (you have better one), Stone to Flesh/Flesh to Stone, Freeze.

You'll such like Chain Lightning because it's your most cheap damaging spell for quite a long period of time.

Acid fog is useful and slows your enemy. However, if you have big problem dealing with constructs and undeads, you'd surely pay one slot for crumble or Undeath to Death.

Tentacles are two-bladed swords which can delete those casters you dislike or yourself effortless.

For level 7, skip Power Word, Stun because it has a save now you may just kill that one it's below the hp.

Vitriolic Sphere and Grim Terror are similar, both of them deals damage nearby and potential control, but damage type and amount are limited. Don't rely on them all the time.
Massacre is good only if you have many resource of fear but you seems not having a spell focus on necromance.
From now on all your spell might cost a spell component, thus be careful on your cast and don't waste them all the time.

For level 8, it's painful that there are so many good choice while your known spell slots is limited.
I just kind of dislike Avascular Mass and Great Thunder clap, so I'd just skip them.

Earthquake doesn't check SR, it might be wonderful against magic immune constructs.
Greater Planar Binding are reliable if you have good summon streams like fey, though costly.
Horrid Wilting deals a lot of steady damage, which is pretty good.
A hemomancer can also cast & run with a extended Hell Inferno to defeat a weak boss.

So many good spells but slots are limited :cry:

And finally, level 9, skip Energy Drain (how many times do you need to cast for killing a single mob?), Power Word, Kill (It is not more powerful than a bibby's hand), and forget Curse Storm cause it's cool but not steady.

You may surely pick Iceberg and Soul Shriek.
Iceberg is power control & damage. Soul Shriek is also one of your most powerful damage dealing spell which even has a cd on it.

Zalius

Re: Spell List for Hemomancer

Post by Zalius » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:26 pm

Ty alot !
And thanks for makeing this so detailed!

Actually iv been playing in a squad so havene thought about whats tough for me as a player. :o
I could imagine that group Combat would be the toughest :o