Avariel help

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

facesmash

Avariel help

Post by facesmash » Tue May 02, 2023 12:09 am

Hey all,

Thinking about rocking an Avariel, and thinking maybe a spellsword(blade singer) seems like it would be decent for it? Any builds floating out there, since the entire game has changed again since my last break? I'm a bit out of the loop again. Or if not spellsword, any suggestions to pair with the race?

Thanks!

and break onetwothreefourfive

Re: Avariel help

Post by and break onetwothreefourfive » Tue May 02, 2023 4:14 am

If mechanics are a concern, I do not recommend Spellsword/Bladesinger with Avariel, as the racial stats = big waste.

The race is perfect for a dex based Seeker Cleric build.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 am

Avariel is fine with spellsword. While Bladesinger is arguably the weaker of the three paths, it's still more than viable. Here's the build:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

You just get +2 more WIS due to the avariels' racial stats. Also, AC ends up being 58 due to the addition of Greater Mage Armor.

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Tue May 02, 2023 1:34 pm

and break onetwothreefourfive wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:14 am

If mechanics are a concern, I do not recommend Spellsword/Bladesinger with Avariel, as the racial stats = big waste.

It will be interesting to see if this remains true, because overwhelmingly the best dip for Seeker is monk, and avariel cannot take monk dips due to alignment restrictions. However, with monk rework on the horizon, reduced power of the monk dip may make alternatives more viable.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Seren

Post by Seren » Sat May 13, 2023 8:49 pm

Amateur Hour wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:34 pm
and break onetwothreefourfive wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:14 am

It will be interesting to see if this remains true, because overwhelmingly the best dip for Seeker is monk, and avariel cannot take monk dips due to alignment restrictions. However, with monk rework on the horizon, reduced power of the monk dip may make alternatives more viable.

If you're still monk dipping seeker after the rogue rework and the seeker clvl synergy you're behind the times.