Rogue / Swashbuckler build help?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lakrosa

Rogue / Swashbuckler build help?

Post by Lakrosa » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:08 pm

I am looking to make a dashing scoundrel type of character, that specializes in picking locks, spotting traps and repairing ships. Is this doable? Also I am a major noob when it comes to DND Building so I might require help that is more in debt than just "21 rogue / 9 Swashbuckler" since I wont know what to grab from each. Thank you beforehand though!

Rockstar1984

Re: Rogue / Swashbuckler build help?

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:04 am

I'm currently leveling a Rogue/Swash/Loremaster, and so far have had great success following this build, but replacing the fighter levels with rogue levels.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1353860261

What I did was take the Rogue levels first to maximize the skill points, take a bunch of swash, then a 4th rogue level somewhere in the teens to squeeze in more skills and get dirty fighting. Since it doesn't take fighter and you get dirty fighting for free from the 4th level of rogue, that actually frees up a couple feats. There's some flexibility. I have not taken this into the epics yet, but so far my character has some great utility, does awesome situational damage with the sneak attack, and can hold her own just fine as a melee fighter. It's really straightforward and fun to play. You could probably drop the loremaster, and just take more rogue levels instead if you want to, however I think the loremaster levels add a nice twist and just gives you even more things you can do.

Oh the year was 1778...

Lakrosa

Re: Rogue / Swashbuckler build help?

Post by Lakrosa » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:08 am

Looks promising! I will take a look myself! Thank you ^^