Spellsword Abjurant Path Help

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Imber

Spellsword Abjurant Path Help

Post by Imber » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Howdy,

So I'm currently using this build as a rough template for my Drow spellsword. I'm thinking the Abjurant path but is this in error? I've never played a spellsword before but the idea of tanky damage reduction is appealing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1364190656

Let me know what you think?

Power Word, Haste

Re: Spellsword Abjurant Path Help

Post by Power Word, Haste » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:16 pm

The abjurant champion path is your best bet for playing a spellsword.

Royal Blood

Re: Spellsword Abjurant Path Help

Post by Royal Blood » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:17 am

Abjurant spellsword is for sure solid.

I saw on the build you linked it has knock down at level 30? I would not recommend that. Instead, Epic skill Focus Discipline will likely serve you better. This will prevent -you- from being knocked down.

If you want to use a race that isn't human, I would drop Improved Expertise. It always sucks to lose AC but ultimately, it's not the end of the world. You can manage and besides, every time you cast a spell the expertise will fall off anyways.

I think I took Epic Prowess and Armor Skin instead of great strength. Maybe great strength is better but I am not sure.

Like I said, not a bad build. The class is fun. You'll find spells you can use that will help you kinda turn the tide of battle it takes creativity to utilize well.

You will not fare well going up against melee focused classes if you just try to go head to head.

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.