Unique Harbinger Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Waldo52

Unique Harbinger Build

Post by Waldo52 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:49 am

I have a very weird build idea.

Race: Human

Classes: Harbinger 17(Crimson Count) 13 rogue

Ability Scores:

STR 8
DEX 17 (19)
CON 12
INT 14 (16)
WIS 9
CHA 14

Rogue Feats: Slippery Mind, Improved Evasion, Defensive Roll, Epic Dodge

Harbinger Rumors of War: Lurker in Darkness, Improved Weapon Hex, Curse of Acedia

Feats:

1) Expertise + Improved Expertise
3) Two Weapon Fighting
6) Ambidexterity
9) Knockdown (A bit out of fashion but I adore it)
12) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
15) Weapon Focus
18) Blind Fight
21) Epic Weapon Focus
24) Blinding Speed
27) Epic Skill Focus: Discipline
30) Uncertain. Epic will looks good

The plan is to use my limited sneak attack dice and somewhat stunted curse weapon and atrocity strike to deal damage. The crimson count version of dark claim combined with improved weapon hex means I have two stackable means of doing damage that heal me vampirically.

Highlights:

-Ill tidings class feature makes me faster. This guy will definitely be a criminal so that's a plus.

-Good traps with +2 DC from rogue levels and -2 to saves against claimed targets due to Hex of Acedia

-Decent Dirty Fighting DCs against claimed targets due to Hex of Acedia

-Vampiric Healing

-Full Caster level from Lurker in Darkness despite heavy multiclassing

Weaknesses:

-The Will Save situation looks bad. In the event that I forgot/left out a critically important feat and I can't afford epic will, the numbers are even bleaker.

-Anemic sneak attack dice and so/so weapon hex damage. Somehow I feel like an actual deep rogue or single classed harbinger might out-damage this thing.

-Skill economy is razor tight. With my insistence on set traps, I didn't take some of my favorite skills like UMD and search

-Pathetic HP

-Vampiric healing is good for QoL and PVE, but might do little to nothing in a PvP fight.

So there it is: a unique build I put together with the help of some helpful Arelith Discord users. A stealthy, stabby magical trickster thing that steals your HP and runs really fast.

Do you think this build would work? If it's a flaming heap of garbage it would be nice to know! I'm also curious as to weather I should get rid of blinding speed considering I have access to haste at full CL.