Jailer/capture is fun. Wish were expanded.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

UilliamNebel

Jailer/capture is fun. Wish were expanded.

Post by UilliamNebel » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm

It is sort of like a fun, low risk, low reward mini game for me at level 30 to nab a Cordor crypt Master Cultist with a lasso, without killing them, or their allies killing them, and getting them to the jailer. It has a lot of fun immersion quirk to it. Like imagining how taking a cultist of rank alive to question helps the city, and damages the 'Masters' ongoing plans. It is also fun to bring captured criminals from far off to the jailer like Wharftown boys and such, having to walk them in or take a boat.

Be great if a jailer were added to Guldorand to make another drop off.

AstralUniverse

Re: Jailer/capture is fun. Wish were expanded.

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:35 pm

I still remember days, before writs and before rare mobs, lassoing creatures was the only solid way to crank the adventure exp bank back up. We used to farm Greater Gargoyles in the ruins of Stonehold, Taranukk Blackguards on horses, Jaguars in the jungle in lower lvls. You'd also see some funny stuff at times, like... suddenly five characters walking into Wharftown with 5 Coven Leaders from Mourn in the middle of the day. The wild west days of arelith.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Jailer/capture is fun. Wish were expanded.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:21 pm

I mean, this is really best left for when the suggestion box is re-opened (which may be some time, lots to get through still) but for what it's worth I do like the idea of Guldornd having a jailor too.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)