Update: Shadow of naxxramass-ahem Manfried

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Horselords

Update: Shadow of naxxramass-ahem Manfried

Post by Horselords » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:17 am

Hey,

Two quick feedbacks:

Overall: Good job! :) The battlefield shenanigan is super fun!

1) SPOILERS: The level design of the minmir coast could use tweaking. The broken bridge at the end is very anticlimatic, has only marble as a reward (poor reward), no boss, and then involves enormous backtracking. It could use a lasso leading to a portal, or something that loops back to the beginning. If no looping, then up the reward (another quality chest) or put a second boss in the area.

2) This extension uses "new" "newish" and "super old" ennemies. While not a problem in terms of challenge (it works well together), the reward side is broken. The super old need to be tweaked to either be simpler, or give more xp. But as it is the old foes are both way more difficult AND give much less xp. It makes for a disappointing challenge <=> reward ratio. So long story short: buff the xp reward of the old dudes (evil wight, specters, evil dead, etc). Or people will never go there beyond the initial discovery pleasure. Fighting undeads is hard for most folks (debuffs, no crits, etc), so the reward should be there :)

Good job anyhow!

Cheers!

Ps: haven't done the castle yet, will edit when I do.

God In Action

Re: Update: Shadow of naxxramass-ahem Manfried

Post by God In Action » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

The castle is more atmospheric than Talos sitting on a cloud about to unleash a thunderstorm. 9/10.

SPOILER:
Best bit: don't miss the creepy easter egg in one of the bedrooms...
Could do with tweaking: the ballroom. Cool and fits the atmosphere, but anti-climactic. I was expecting a boss or something in there since, y'know, it's behind giant locked shadow doors! On the other hand, I've not gone back at the stroke of midnight, so maybe those corpses do what I imagine they ought to do at the stroke of midnight. Hint hint devs ;)