Respawn Timer

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

WinkinBlinkin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Respawn Timer

Post by WinkinBlinkin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:49 pm

I know that the suggestion topic is locked, but I feel the respawn timer really isn't working that well in low level areas with the volume of people we have starting characters at the moment. Unless my concept of how the mechanics works is completely wrong, it seems some areas just aren't staying empty long enough to allow respawn to happen over a reasonable time frame. I don't know if this could be changed for low level areas only, possibly temporarily, to ensure that people don't end up wandering round empty quest sites over and over hunting for things to kill. I imagine this could well be quite frustrating, and not at all representative of playing the game at higher levels, outside of one or two well visited areas that get overcrowded at peak times.

Ebonstar

Re: Respawn Timer

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 am

im thinking we are talk about skal and i have a few ideas

for the rat writ, there is another large cellar area that can be used for the rats, but of course its up to the devs.

for the tin mines yeah the upper level needs to simply spawn in multiple spots not just the main center area. also perhaps a memo on the writs that all members must be on the same level of dungeon or mine or mountain or whatever that isnt a patrol writ to get the kills. Ive noticed some players that are new are still learning not to rush ahead when in groups
Yes I can sign

flower

Post by flower » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:23 am

Perfect example is heights.

4 times from five i teleport there, it is empty :D

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am

We're going to improve this system a bit. Currently it's a serverwide setting. We're going to both lower that setting and make it area specific, so we have more control.

And we'll add some randomness.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 am

I wish a faction and its relationship with NPCs could be calculated into that one time. for these random encounters.

WinkinBlinkin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by WinkinBlinkin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Dunshine wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am
We're going to improve this system a bit. Currently it's a serverwide setting. We're going to both lower that setting and make it area specific, so we have more control.

And we'll add some randomness.
That sounds great.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:43 pm

To be clear the 'randomness' means the following:

The time it is going to take for an area to respawn will ALWAYS be lower than it is now, sometimes just a little, sometimes quite a lot.