Look on polymorph

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

CptJonas

Look on polymorph

Post by CptJonas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

I looked on Totem druid....I looked on druid..I looked at shifter..I loved them all...I love idea of being able to transform into other stuff...

But I have them the same way....
Totem and druid are nice....their forms are realy good....But both suffer same problem...They dont have damage, AB, and atacks...
Shifter is just meh....no matter how you look into it...Its insainly nice from cool and RP side...but in power ballance..eghhh...

And me for example...I hate summons...I realy do...

I would love if there would be some class what would shape into another shapes...but didnt have summons....just be strong on your own...

Totem barbarian maybe? :P

Nitro

Re: Look on polymorph

Post by Nitro » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Balancing a class around shapeshifting is always going to be rough since they don't play by the same rules as everyone else (item merging, unique stats&abilities for each shape etc). I'd be all for it though if someone could take a look at shifter one day and make it not huff farts but I'm not sure a barbarian path around shapeshifting would be very thematically appropriate.

And you might want to cut down on the ellipses there buddy, your posts look really disjointed when you have one every three words for no reason.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:24 pm

IE: You want the attack power of a bog standard weaponmaster, but with the defensive power of a shapechanger druid.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Sartain

Post by Sartain » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 pm

I could totally see a barbarian totem shifter path being cool, if you balance it correctly. And while I would love more melee power on my totem druid it probably doesn't need it :D