Ok..

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Valuk

Ok..

Post by Valuk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:31 am

Rage
Last edited by Valuk on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Ok..

Post by MalKalz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 am

Hi Valuk,

You can remake characters. But you need to wait a reset of the server before using an identical name. This is likely what was not done and resulted in your character appearing in the deleted room.

Please delete that one. Wait a reset and try again.

And, I get you’re frustrated. But, please be mindful of your attitude.

Cheers

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:57 am

According to the Wiki Character Remake page:

Remake with same name
Due to a bug in Neverwinter Nights, the game remembers certain things about your character even after deletion, and applies that memory to a new character with the same name, even if it is not exactly the same character. Here is the recommended remake process.

Issue the -delete_character command to delete your existing character.
Important: Wait until the next time there is a server reset. There is usually one every 24 hours, and you can check to track server uptime.
Create the new character.

Step 2 is very important, because the server must first "forget" about your old character. Failing to do so will result in the following:

When you first log in, you will see your full bank account, and have access to any quarters, shops, citizenships etc. that your old character had.

After the next server restart, or when you change server, you will lose all of your character's possessions, bank balance will reset and you will lose the data which previously appeared to have been carried over from the old character.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Valuk

Post by Valuk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:59 am

Rage
Last edited by Valuk on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valuk

Post by Valuk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:04 am

Rage

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:06 am

You can see how long it has been since a server reset on the portal page. portal.arelith.com

For the record, many of us new players also recognize how confusing this server can be. I have wonked out so many builds and blundered so many in game things. I would encourage you to use these forums as much as possible. No one gets mad about questions on here.

Valuk

Post by Valuk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:08 am

Rage

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:28 am

Valuk wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:08 am
Well emotionallverload. My character must have been deleted according to all that info
Your comment is a little confusing to me. When it says that remakes are allowed at lower levels (15 and down), it means that if you delete the character you can return with that same character. You still start from beginning (lvl 1). If you delete characters higher than 15 then they are 'rolled' and you cannot return with that same character.

I hope that helps. The wiki remake page also gets into this in more detail.
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.