Craftskills - Reset Feedback / discussion

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Red Ropes

Craftskills - Reset Feedback / discussion

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 am

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25702

I made this suggestion a bit ago during some of the big changes and there hasn't been any developer notes on it yet.

But I think it warrants feedback.

We currently have no means to delevel to reset our skills.

We have had two major overhauls that have affected craft skills.

1) We got craft mastery some months ago. This is a HUGE change on how craft skills work and there wasn't any rebuild stuff that happened with that so people could take advantage.

2) Deleveling to acquire Craft Skills again has been disabled.

(and to a lesser extent the most recent UMD changes have made stuff a bit more in demand, necessary)

---

I think with how trade skills change so with every update of a recipe it'd be more appropriate to have a more accessible, less disruptive way of resetting them. Usually craft changes are not as dramatic and a lot of people probably have skill set ups still of the "OLD WAY" where you'd quasi-master one craft and use your remainder to half-Snuggybear another.
🤡

Might-N-Magic

Re: Craftskills - Reset Feedback / discussion

Post by Might-N-Magic » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:27 pm

My main has currently been alive since the days of Udos and has skills set from that era. Since then, things farrrr beyond those levels have been added to the disciplines he's put points into.

It sucks to not have some periodic reset when something happens with the system.