Grandfathering

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Babylon System is the Vampire

Re: Grandfathering

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:55 am

kiljaedon wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 pm
Babylon System is the Vampire wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:42 pm
kiljaedon wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:29 am
The server is more full than ever and I feel there are lots of other stuff more damaging to the server as of this moment than having a stint of jealousy.
Unfortunately your huge assumption falls flat, because I am finally getting around to moving my cd key from old nwn to EE short of having both a Kesnai and a weave master in my vault. I didn't really play arelith when weavemaster was a thing, I just logged in and made one to jerk around for a day, and I stopped playing my kensai as soon as it was removed. Maybe every opinion you have is laden in jealousy and envy and that's why you project it on others, I don't know, but I feel relatively confident that that is not everyone else. But if you take one thing from my post here, its that people can have a different opinion then you without being the bad guy. Seriously, its true.
Strange how my statement seems to change its meaning when snippets are removed to alter its context. You will find that my entire statement is more of a showcasing of how there is no real damage that I can see to the server besides those with a chip on their shoulder at not being able to have something someone else has. So no my assumption has nothing to do with it. I do not see how people having grandfathered gear or classes as damaging to the server.

Was just pointing out that you could have made the same point without implying people were only of the opinion these things should be removed out of "a stint of jealousy", and showing you that that was obviously not the case. Your opinion is fine, your assumption was dismissive and borderline rude.

DM Atropos

Re: Grandfathering

Post by DM Atropos » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 am

Ok. We're done here. We've devolved perilously close to simple insults and hurt feelings.

Guys. You don't need to get to ad hominem on either side to make a point, and making a point doesn't mean everyone is going to agree, no matter how much you argue. I, for one, am mechanically stupid about builds, for example, and my weavemaster is basically a wet paper bag, but I love the character and her abilities AS a weavemaster are only a part of that. Not a necessary part.

Grandfathering will be a thing that will be reviewed in every instance and shouldn't need to devolve into NO U.

Love,
Your extremely tired head DM at 4:30 am pre-coffee.
What is woven will be.