[Chest Bashing] Quality of Life Change

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

White_935

[Chest Bashing] Quality of Life Change

Post by White_935 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Greeting!

I was discussing with another player, as we mentioned he had just finished a dungeon, only to not find a single chest.. since someone had noe ahead and broken everything.. and in travelled locations.. chest really won't respawn unless there's a server reset from experience.. while i know containers can respawn (i believe?) it seems awfully slow.. and unreliable.

So.... perhaps we could change the cause of the chest-bashing, thus allowing others to also loot after a barbarians been through the dungeon previously.

Make the chests indestructible, and if the chest is locked(and or trapped) bashing at it will instead do a hidden roll to see if you break the lock or not.. however each "bash" has a chance of breaking the content inside, causing it to spawn from another loot pool (broken item pool, aka gold).

If the chest was trapped, upon breaking the lock, the trap will also automatically disarm itself.

This would allow the same mechanics more or less with getting gold if you can't get the container open, but leave the container behind to allow others to also enjoy said dungeon.. and get their own loot.

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: [Chest Bashing] Quality of Life Change

Post by Mattamue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:57 pm

I understand the chests will respawn. It seems you followed close enough behind there last person that they didn't have that time. Mobs are like 6 minutes, but chests are longer, so the area can have respawn mobs, but not items yet. As in, if the chests weren't bashed then they would have been empty.

Who is the audience for this post?

White_935

Post by White_935 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Mattamue wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:57 pm
I understand the chests will respawn. It seems you followed close enough behind there last person that they didn't have that time. Mobs are like 6 minutes, but chests are longer, so the area can have respawn mobs, but not items yet. As in, if the chests weren't bashed then they would have been empty.
From what i understand and experience, They do respawn, but their on a longer respawn-timer than the actual loot respawn, and equally they won't spawn while you're in the dungeon, but the loot will as long as you don't open the containers to early.

So it does in fact requires you to wait longer to enter the dungeon, than you otherwise would have, without consequences.

and with the dungeons having people either passing through (skal - tin mines for exemple) or are commonly visited dungeons, it's not unlikely to more or less never see the container respawn on that restart.. attleast for skal this is true.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm

They should respawn in approximately 20 minutes from what I'd seen.
If you found mobs and no chests, then you were in a relatively small window so it was mostly bad luck.

I do still like the idea though.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:30 pm

Chests respawn when bashed at the same time that they regenerate loot. There is no functional difference between a chest someone has emptied and a chest that someone has bashed.

Chest loot however respawns/refills slower than mobs do, and runic component chests take several hours to respawn/refill.

And neither loot or chests respawn if there is someone in the area. The time it takes for the resupply to happen needs to be all when the area is empty. So if you have one group that go through, and then two more groups five minutes apart, the time they spend on the floor of the chest is not counted towards the respawn of loot or the chest itself. So if group three comes a full hour after group one that did the looting/bashing they can till find the chests empty/broken if the two previous groups spent a significant amount of time on the floor, keeping the chest respawn timer from ticking down.

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Arienette » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Honestly, there are so many ways to get i to chests.

Knock

Rogue

Fairy

Putting 1 or 2 points inti lock/trap skils and gearing for it.

If any change was made, id suggest making chests unbashable. Or making it so bashed chests give 0 loot.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Chests respawn when the loot respawns.

If you find there's no chests, you should try back after 12 minutes of being outside of an area. There's no real reason to be upset over bashed chests, since the other option is that they would simply be empty. Don't worry about it, just come back later.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Id actaully prefer bashed chests as I hate coming across an empty chest and it will respawn.

Making everyone have to gear for chests is a hassle, an extra chore and clogging of inventory space. There are days where i wish the whole enchanting everything with skills didn't exist, but that is another discussion.

Breaking chests is fine, they respawn. I have come across more empty chests than broken chests.