Tribal barbarian.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Starway to Heaven

Tribal barbarian.

Post by Starway to Heaven » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 am

I have been playing the Tribal barbarian, and for the early content, it works great. But as difficulty grows and enemies have more resources, the basic barbarians have it harder and harder to keep up with it. When I compare him with a druid, it just lacks so much. Druidic summons are on the tribals lvl or more with thee buffs they have, and they don´t sacrifice anything for it. The barbarian sacrifices his core ability for the tribal (the rage), so it feels like they need a little more punch? A way for the barbarian to support them? A big problem I found was their lack of elemental resistance, a little Though monster with a fire shield nullifies them hard with their high attacks per round and low damage per hit.
Also, it would be nice if you could somehow choose which heads they get, so you can give them identities in RP.

AstralUniverse

Re: Tribal barbarian.

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:33 pm

I understand Irongron and some others in the DEV team dont even like this path all that much and have considered to remove it before. Not sure they'll ever consider buffing it but personally, as someone who did not play a tribal barbarian, RPing with them can be a whole lot of fun and I hope to continue running into them occasionally.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too